Mark your calendars for our annual Progressive Christmas Concert December 9, 7pm-9:15pm!
Another walking event, this one is in a much smaller area, stopping in three Uptown churches – Church of the Master, Church of the Messiah, and First Presbyterian Church – all within about a block of each other.
Ticket holders attend a short concert in each of the three churches and are led to the next by costumed guides with lanterns. It’s a great way to get into the holiday spirit, see beautifully decorated historic churches, and hear great music provided by the choirs and musicians of our member churches.
Here are the details:
- Friday, Dec. 9, 2016, 7:00 – 9:15 PM
- Cost of ticket – $10/adult (kids are free) Tickets are printed with starting location (1 of 3)
- Groups begin their concert tour at one of these churches:
- First Presbyterian on E. College
- Church of the Master at Grove and Main
- Church of the Messiah on N. State St.
- 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 Concert (Then walk to next location 7:30-7:50)
- 7:50 p.m. – 8:20 Concert (Then walk to next location 8:20-8:40)
- 8:40 p.m. – 9:15 Concert
- After each concert, groups are led by caped guides with lanterns to next church
- All churches are within 1 ½ blocks of each other
- Pastors of each of the partnership churches participate
- Some historical information about the sites is provided in a printed program
- Luminaries are set at each church location to mark the entrance and welcome attendees
- Westerville Habitat Partnership members are at each location to greet and assist attendees
- Tickets are sold at each member church, at the door before the first concert and at the Westerville Visitors Bureau
- All proceeds go to the building projects of Habitat for Humanity
BEFORE THE CONCERT: Grab a bite to eat at the SOUP FOR SHELTER event just down the street hosted by The Columbus Academy and Otterbein University. This event also benefits Westerville Habitat Partnership.
Be sure to LIKE and SHARE our event on Facebook by clicking here: Progressive Christmas Concert Facebook Page